I only have 15 minutes, again, before I have to leave for my bus but I wanted to say a few things. Some may be related, some may not be.
1. I love Spanish guitar music. Over the past two weeks I have bought five CDs. I actually love classical guitar of all kinds. I have several Andre Segovia CDs but right now I am listening to "For Century is of Spanish Guitar" by Alirio Diaz.
2. If you look at my music collection you would think I was a schizophrenic, an old schizophrenic. My music is mostly classical, a large dose of bluegrass, a growing collection of banjo music, a sizable chunk of guitar, and a smattering of the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
3. I miss my father-in-law. He passed away a couple of years ago and last night, I slept in the bed he died in. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. In fact, I slept like the dead. It was the first night in a long time that I got seven hours of shut eye. I did have some strange dreams, however, but none of them were about him or about where I was.
He was a wonderful man, a good example to his family, and as about as sincere as they come
4. We spent the night at my mother-in-law's house because she had been in the hospital all weekend. She had some strange chest pain so we all insisted that she checked herself in and get looked at. Luckily nothing "wrong" was found. This can be just as frustrating as finding something because she went home not knowing why she got sick or how to get better.
5. Getting old, however, is usually fatal in the long run.
6. I worry about how my wife's family, her brothers and sister, we'll deal with life when their mom passes away. I don't believe that they are ready to be the oldest of their generation. They will have an uncle on the East Coast to represent the old guard, but I do not like kids them as the adults in the family
7. On my side of the family my father is the last one standing of his generation. Again, I have an uncle or two at a couple of aunts, but I have been so far removed from their side of the family that they don't play into my support network. When he's gone it will feel strange. I believe I will feel old when that happens, right now I do not.
8. I am very busy at work these days and I like it. I like solving problems, training people, teaching people, and making things work that did not work before.
9. I like riding the bus.
10. I like reading "real-life" erotica a lot more than watching porn, that is not to say I don't love them both, but if I had to pick, I think I would choose the written word because I can put my own cast of characters in my head and in the bed.
11. I am glad that some of my web friends do not live closer to me in real life. I'm sure I would run off, try to seduce them, fail, and feel like an idiot.
12. I love looking at beautiful women on the street and this summer has seen a bumper crop. Short skirts, long hair, crazy tall pumps, no pantyhose, and a sun-kissed smile really makes my day.