Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blogs about blogging are boring blogs

I have always thought that posts about posting and blogs about blogging are little to self serving, but sometimes it's fun to acknowledge the people who make writing our blogs so much fun.  We had "Love your Lurkers" day a while back and I still love all the silent visitors that drop in read.  Today though, is a thank-you note to my friends who drop in and say hi, those who e-mail me and boost my ego and my social skills by making me interact with humans, or at least very cleverly programmed spam-bots.

 
Today's special shout-out goes to Namibia, a country with a lot of desert, a long coast line, some wonderful people, and apparently, some very discerning Internet users who love good blogging.  :-)

On one of the stat pages, Malaysia had 6 page views.  I don't even know if a blog like mine is legal in Malaysia.  So, to my dear reader in Malaysia, please don't get arrested, and if you do get arrested, tell them my name is Pete and I'm writing from Nigeria.  For $7,500 I can get you the money of a dethroned prince.

I also was kind of pleasantly surprised to see my "Follower" count start creeping up.  As of Monday, I had 84 people with too much time on their hands how pegged their name to my blog.   Thank you all, my ego appreciates it. I'll try and make your visits worthwhile, mostly by not blogging about blogging very often.


5 comments:

France said...

I look at my blog and my tags/labels say "bloggin"... does that make me blog about blogging? *pouts*

lol

Drenchxoxo said...

I have Malaysia too! Think it's the same person? We're so global!

Marcus said...

For a while, the country with the second most visitors to my blog was Singapore, they still rank pretty high, usually 3rd or 4th.
I have only one African country so far - South Africa. Namibia sounds cooler.

TemptingSweets99 said...

Not long ago, I posted a photo of Namibia. Beautiful place. Drench is right, we ARE so global, today.

Advizor54 said...

France, you aren't boring at all, you are delightful, I just find that when I'm writing about writing, or blogging about blogging, its a bore. However, I love writing about my readers and reading writers who write right now. Does that make sense? Plus, I'm a big fan of alliteration. :-)

I just hope our Malaysian fans don't end up in jail. :-)

Marcus, I have no one from Singapore on my list, maybe with your blog they don't need anything more.

TS - Namibia has some beautiful scenery, the very essence of desolation, yet so much color.

Thanks all!!!