1. “I’ll show you mine if you show me yours”…What is it that you will show me?
I’ll show you my old running shoes, my clean bill of health, my latest audit results. I’ve become a huge fan of web-cams but I don’t send pictures, and despite some flattering encouragement, have nothing on OHNT.
2. What was the last thing you regret buying?Frozen lasagna at the store, it just wasn’t very good. Big-ticket items? I hate my BBQ. It always flares up no matter how often I clean it, and unless I’m cooking on super low, everything burns. I know part of that is “user error” but I just hate it. I also have a pair of ben-wa style balls in my dresser drawer that I haven’t given to my wife yet, I don’t think she’ll like them, but I like the idea of her liking them, so I bought them.
3. How happy are you? 1 = not happy at all to 5 = very happyTough question.
Last night in bed and I had my wife laughing hysterically at my witty remarks, a 5.
The next day as we argued over my daughter’s homework load and school work, a 2,
At the gym this morning when I saw my favorite instructor and knew a secret, a 4+
Getting long hug from my friend over lunch, a 5+
Having hot chocolate with a friend, a 5, then a 2, then a 4, then a 3, then a 5, I think.
Playing with my boy and hearing him giggle, a 6
Hearing a beautiful solo at church, a 4
Thinking about the singer’s really (no seriously, REALLY) hot younger sister, a 5
Feeling guilty about said thoughts, a 2
Seeing my friends go through pain at home, a 1
Knowing that I really can’t help them much from afar, ½
What the average? Most of the time, when I just accept the life I have and pull out the moments that make me happy, I’m a 4+. When I have too much “thinking time” on my hands, a 2
4. Last night, what did you go to bed thinking about?
How cute my wife is when she snores
How much my kids bug me when they don’t get their homework done and still ask to watch TV at 8:45 when bedtime is 9:00
Just what might happen when I see my admin again.
About my admin and her friends driving home last night after a party where I knew they had been drinking, even though they were supposed to have a designated driver (they are fine)
Kicking myself for not getting my Sunday Sacrilege post out and wondering if I’d have anything for Monday (I didn’t)
5. Tell us something that made you happy this past week or made you think, “that’s cool!”
Things that are cool?
My son’s reading has taken a giant leap.
I saw a really cool web video about slow motion photography that I can’t find
I had a great time at the gym today (I’m going to blog about it sometime this week)
My scale said very happy things to me for 2 days (and then sad again)
The weather is beautiful here today
My brother’s ex-wife is 800 miles away
Bonus: What is your favorite mark of punctuation? Why?
I love the ellipses… it just seems to be open to whatever is next.
Questions (?) are good because I love hearing the answers.
Commas make me pause and think, which is usually dangerous.
I only use a period very 4 weeks or so, and even then, they are a pain.
Semi-colons are just wimps; either start a new sentence or don’t, but don’t interrupt me.
I get my colons checked annually.
And I love exclamation points because they are so exciting and make me feel like I’m writing really loudly and that people will finally pay attention!!! Hello!!! Helllllooooo!!!!!