Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Satiated


 Word Limit: 180-190

Key Words: juicy, judge
Forbidden Words: barefoot, bursting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who am I to judge?

Times were tough.  The supply chain crisis of ’22 spiraled out of control until everything fell apart.  First baby formula, then meat, then even the vegans started complaining.  Monoculture sucked the nutrients out of nation’s breadbasket and every crop got worse, smaller, more rancid, prone to disease, mold, and rot, just like D.C, Sacramento, and the rest of the big cities. 

The “Small Wall Rebellion” sealed our fate, or so we thought, until the Bezos/Gates/Trump consortium ousted what little was left of the government and the BIG walls went up. Everyone got their market share, and we got whatever they decided to give us. The socialists were the first to celebrate and the first to regret it.  They didn’t have anything to sell, barter, or give away.  The liberals had never charged for “free love” and now that it was free for everyone, their one marketable commodity liquidated.  Hell, with mandatory sterilization and hormone blockers in the water, it was free, but nobody cared.

Then I found her little homestead. Bright, red, juicy, sweet, & good enough to eat, and worth every cryptocoin I had. (190)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK, this wasn't very sexy, but I liked what the image said to me, so I ran with it.  Maybe the next one will tingle what dingles for you.

wwwwwwwww

 Not much sexier, but it made me laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

No shit? Really?

I burst out laughing.

She smiled in that judge-y way when you try to be nice but the 1-millionth telling of the same joke gets on your last nerve.

Would it help if I told you the Farmer was dead and that the daughter is now in charge?

Well, it would make me feel guilty, and a little sad, so no.

Good, but I will tell you that he’s two fields over, deaf as a stone, and on the slowest tractor ever built.

Which means?

We have time.

Time for what?  Negotiations?

Yes, that is why I left my panties in my truck, so I could “negotiate.”

Uhm, what?

Are you kidding me?  Are you A54?

Yes

The one that’s been flirting with me for 6 months while these watermelons went from seed to truck.

Yes

Then what’s up with all the chit chat?

Uhhh, I thought we were just flirting.

Rrrgh, why are men so slow.  When a woman offers to sell you ripe melons but demands you pick them up in person, she AINT TALKING PRODUCE !

OK, but first, am I getting a discount?

Aaaaaaaaaghhhhh!!! (190)

_____________________________________________________

 Time?

Judging by the sun, almost 3:00

Fuck, it’s hot

No shit, and don’t swear.

Why not, you did?

I did not, I, I, … oh, sorry.

Her laugh scared away the crows looking for a bite.

When’s the loading crew coming?

Not until 5:00.  They are still working the north fields.

Why are we always last?

Are you complaining?

No

And why aren’t you complaining?

Because I like waiting with you.

Me too.

The sun beat down on us as our lips met. 

Her dress stuck to her sweaty skin but she giggled and wiggled and laid it down gently on top of the ripe fruit.

There are so many jokes in my head right now.

Don’t say a thing or I’ll tell a sliced banana joke.

I winced from the image and the rock I laid on as I settle next to her.

Cut me a slice

Her knife was quick, her aim true, and she fed me a juicy slice of fruit.

How does that taste?

Like heaven.

Eat more

I did

She smiled and laughed, naked next to the emptied fields.

Now, how about some watermelon? (190)

**************************************************

A good picture inspires a lot of ideas, and Max knocked it out of the part this week.

Now, go take a minute, write a ditty of your own, send around the link, and join the fun!!!

Usual Suspects



3 comments:

Sassy said...

My my my... three takes, each one as hot on the sun in that photo! Happy FFF Ad! -Sassy

Max said...

Three good takes. I'm glad the pic inspired you. :-)
The second one made me laugh - there have been a few times in my life when I've been just that slow on the uptake.
Happy FFF!

Lexi said...

Good lord man, stop showing us all up! We can't all be this prolific every week. I think I liked the second one best; her character was enjoyable. I felt for her.